1. UNKNOWN MURDER CASE DETECTED:- On 04.02.2021, one beheaded female dead body was found in Chandaka PS jurisdiction. After great efforts, the identity of the deceased was established as Puspalata Raul, W/o Sarat Roul, At/pr-Phuleswari Basti, PS-Bharatpur under Bhubaneswar UPD. On laborious and sustained investigation, it was ascertained that after demise of her husband, the deceased was staying and maintaining her conjugal life with one Angad Das at Phuleswari Basti leaving her two daughters at her in-laws house. Subsequently, she developed extra marital relation with one Pritiranjan Pati which became known to Angad Das. Burning with rage, Angad Das with his accomplice Chandu@Srikant Das committed murder of Puspalata Roul.After commission of crime, the beheaded body of the deceased was thrown near Odisha Bio-Tech Park on Daspur-Andharua Road and the head of the deceased was thrown near the boundary wall of Chandka Wildlife Sanctuary, Bharatpur in order to cause disappearance of evidence. Both the accused persons Angad Das and Srikant Das were arrested and forwarded to the Court in Chandaka PS case No.27 dtd.04.02.2021 u/s-302/201 IPC registered in this connection.
2. CRACK DOWN ON DUPLICATE CONSUMER DURABLES:- As part of drive against sale of duplicate televisions by using the logo of different brands, Spl. Squad of BBSR UPD along with local PS staff conducted raid on 01.06.2021 at different places under their respective PS jurisdictions as follows:
i) 60 numbers of duplicate televisions of different brands were seized from Ganapati Electronics Shop, Kargil Road and accused Manas Jenawas arrested and forwarded to the court in Airport PS Case No.154 dtd.01.06.2021 u/s-420/424/468/471 1PC. R.W Sec 79 Trade and Merchandise Marks Act-1958/104 Trademarks Act-1999.
ii) 24 numbers of duplicate televisions of different brands were seized from Khusi Electronics, Netaji Market Complex and accused T.Pravakar Raowas arrested and forwarded to Court in Laxmisagar PS Case No.180 dtd.01.06.2021 u/s-420/424/468/471 1PC. R.W Sec 79 The Trade and Merchandise marks Act-1958/104 The Trademarks Act-1999.
iii) 26 numbers of duplicate televisions of different brands were seized from Tankapani Road and accused Siba Prasad Sahuwas arrested and forwarded to the court in Badagada PS Case No.205 dtd.01.06.2021 u/s-420/424/468/471 1PC. R.W Sec 79 The Trade and Merchandise marks Act-1958/104 The Trademarks Act-1999.
iv) 10 numbers of duplicate televisions of different brands were seized from Unitech Electronics and accused Samir Khanwas arrested and forwarded to Court in Mancheswar PS Case No.157 dtd.01.06.2021 u/s- 420/424/468/ 471 1PC. R.W Sec 79 The Trade and Merchandise marks Act-1958/104 The Trademarks Act-1999.
3. PRE-ACTIVATED SIM CARDS SELLING GANG BUSTED:- On receipt of the information relating to an organised gang operating in Odisha who used to activate multiple SIMs of different mobile service providers in the name of different customers arranging false documents without knowledge of genuine customers, a raid was conducted by Saheednagar PS staff at different places and on different dates. They seized 16,147 numbers of pre-activated SIMs of different mobile networking companies and 110 numbers of mobile handsets from the possession of the accused persons. 07 accused persons were arrested and forwarded to Court. Saheednagar PS case No.258 dtd.28.06.2021 u/s-419/420/465/ 467/468/471/120(B) IPC/ 66(C)/66(D) I.T. Act was registered in this connection
4. TIMELY INTERVENTION TO PREVENT STOLEN BATTERIES TRANSPORTATION:- On 17.08.2021 at about 11.30 PM, Mancheswar PS staff received credible information that 05 to 06 culprits were loading stolen batteries in 03 trucks near KTM Show Room, Mancheswar Industrial Estate. Police immediately swung into action on receipt of information and conducted raid. Three batteries laden trucks which contained 150 numbers of stolen batteries,costing Rs. 10 lakhs were seized and 06 accused persons were arrested and forwarded to Court in Mancheswar PS Case No.232 dtd.18.08.2021 u/s-379/411/414/34 IPC registered in this connection.
5. ROBBERY CASE DETECTED:- On 31.08.2021, one robber on the point of gun and knife took away a cash of Rs.8,63,058/-and 31 numbers of Gold packets containing 1753.51 grams of gold from SBI, Atala Branch, Balianta and fled from the spot. On getting information, Balianta PS staff chased the robber& apprehended him and recovered all articles and one toy pistol. One accused was arrested and forwarded to Court in Balianta PS Case No.266 dtd.31.08.2021 u/s-452/392 IPC registered in this connection.
6. MAJOR BURGLARY DETECTED:- On 03.01.2021, one Dillip Kumar Sahoo reported that in the intervening night of 02/03.01.2021 some unknown culprits committed burglary by breaking open the lock of the grill of his shop located near Govt. Boys High school, Unit-08 and stole away some gold & silver ornaments and cash of Rs.3,000/-. On this, the instant case was registered and investigated into. During investigation, 18 Kgs of silver ornaments, 18 numbers of gold chains, one Pulsar motorcycle, one Activa Scooter, cash of Rs.13,600/-, 03 numbers of mobile phones and some instruments used for the commission of burglary were seized from the possession of 03 accused persons who were arrested and forwarded to Court in Khandagiri PS case No.06 dtd.03.01.2021 u/s-457/380 IPC.
7. FRAUDSTER ARRESTED:- On 09.04.2021, a complaint was received from Gangadhar Harijan that while he was contemplating purchasing a Bolero Vehicle for his business purpose, he contacted one Trupti Ranjan Das. However, he was induced by Sri Das to deposit a cash of rupees five lakh through cheque. Accordingly, he deposited the same, but Trupti Das neither gave vehicle nor refunded the money even after lapse of 05 months. During investigation, it was learnt that the accused was a habitual fraudster who had indulged in similar frauds in the past. Six numbers of Bolero Plus vehicles, 03 Bolero Pick UpVans, one Ford vehicle and some ATM Cards of different banks were seized& accused Trupti Ranjan Das was arrested and forwarded to Court.