Duties and responsibilities of Armed Police Reserve (APR)
Armed Police Reserve (APR) have been sanctioned for Cuttack and Bhubaneswar Urban Police Districts. They function directly under the supervision of Reserve Inspectors. Their main responsibilities include handling of law & order problems, besides other miscellaneous duties. They remain in readiness for 24-hours a day at Reserve Police Lines to meet any emergent situations. Some of the major responsibilities of Armed Police Reserve are as follows:
- Attending to law & order problems
- Escorting Under Trial Prisoners (UTPs) from jail to Court and vice versa
- Providing security coverage to vital installations
- Escort of cash from Reserve Bank of India to various banks and vice versa
- Assisting police station staff in conducting raids etc.