Register your Complaint

1. Even though you can get your complaint registered at any P.S., it is advisable that for prompt response you approach the Police Station within whose jurisdiction the occurrence has taken place, ( for knowing the jurisdiction of a particular P.S. please visit the ‘Know your P.S.’ link from the home page ).

2. After registering a complaint of a cognizable offence, please insist on a copy of the FIR free of cost.

3. In case of non-cognizable offences, police do not have a right to investigate the complaint without the orders of the Court. Station Diary entry will, however, be made of any such complaint and further enquiry shall be conducted.

4. If your complaint about a cognizable offence is not being registered at the P.S. level, you can meet the ACP of your zone/ Sub division, Dy.Commissioner of Police of your Police district or the Additional Commissioner of Police or Commissioner of Police of the Commissionerate. (For Names, address and phone numbers of officers go to the link ‘Contact Us’).

5. Register your Complaint Online Click Here.