Youths are the symbol of vigor and valour. They represents the ‘Present’. A disciplined and motivated youth workforce is the true asset of a civilized society. Keeping in mind this objective we have several programmes to have engagement with the youths .
- Police Enrollment:- We have regular Recruitment Exercises/Drives and Police is one of the few Departments having huge number of induction mostly every year. Induction takes place at Constable/ Sepoy level at our Commissionerate , Sub-Inspector/Depty Jamadar/Sergeant level by SSSB , DSP level by OPSC and SP level by UPSC,
- STV (Student Traffic Volunteer):- With a view to promote awareness and inculcate the idea of Traffic Rules and Regulations among the Youths, we have a dedicated Student Traffic Volunteers Scheme. Students doing graduation at educational Institutions under our Commissionerate can apply offline for enrollment for a period of two years to participate and to assist/server with our traffic cops at the traffic intersections for 3hrs a day and 15 days a Month with an honorarium. Presently there are 353 STVs under Bhubaneswat UPD and 82 STVs under Cuttack UPD extending their service under this Schem.
- SPO’s (Special Police Officers):- By virtue of powers conferred upon the Commissioner of Police U/s 13 of OUP Act, 2003, Special Police Officers (SPOs) are being appointed on an honorary basis. The SPOs have the same powers, privileges and immunities and are liable to perform the same duties and responsibilities as an ordinary police officer. They are subjected to the disciplinary control of the same authorities as an ordinary police officer. The following are the charter of the duties and responsibilities of the SPOs
- Promote public order and create a feeling of security in the community.
- Aid and assist people who are under distress or in danger of physical harm/injury.
- Collect intelligence relating crime, public peace, law and order etc. and share the same with the staff of the concerned P.S.
- Perform evening/night patrolling in association with regular police officers, and when requested by the IIC, of the concerned P.S. or his staff.
- Assist the police in maintenance of traffic and orderly parking of vehicles in their jurisdiction area.
- Provide assistance to the victims of road accident, indigent, women and children in need of care and protection.
- Maintain regular interaction with the concerned IIC and his staff through meeting or telephonic contact.
We have enrolled 295 SPOs (all Women) under Women Empowerment & Gender Sensitive Policing(We-GSP) with an objective of expanding our information base regarding crime against women.
- APOSSA Yojana:- “APOSSA YOJANA” (All-round Promotion Of Sports in Slums And YOung & Juveniles Against Narcotics Abuses) – The Slum outreach program of Commissionerate Police was inaugurated on 11-02-2019 by Shri Asit Tripathy – the then Development Commissioner-Govt. of Odisha, in presence of other Senior Police Officers. It was introduced with a view to proactively engage the youths of Slums for responsibility in creating a safe and secured neighborhood – sports and games being the medium to engage the youths while creating awareness against substance abuse against them.
- Annual Events / Raising Day Events:- We conduct various programmes for the Youths and Juveniles during the Raising Day celebration of Commissionerate Police. Those programmes includes Mini Marathon, Aerobics, Songs and Dance etc.